Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Boys and Chicks

I saw the boy with the nice hair in class today. I stared hard at him from the corner of my eye. I wonder how subtle I am in my staring. I wonder if he notices, or even cares.

The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players are such a whimsical band!

Once again, it was beautiful outside. People were milling about the stairs of the library, soaking in the sun and socializing. I've been thinking alot about ladybugs lately. Probably because I bought a ladybug magnet and its really cheerful and one of the first things I see when I wake up in the morning (I stuck it on my radiator and its holding a photo of my mom and I when I was snoopy for halloween...I've been a lot of characters for halloween over the years!)

There's this boy I've been thinking about lately. I dunno...I haven't seen him in a really long time but the more I think about him the more I like the idea of him. Maybe if I actually saw him in real life it would be different, I mean I've just been replaying memories of him in my mind and stuff but...somehow I think I'm letting myself be attracted to him even though I haven't seen him in the longest time. And I was never sexually attracted to him before. Is this what they mean when they say absence makes the heart grow fonder? Oh, They.

Air guitar bands are silly. I wanna join one.

***
I woke up mumbling this morning. It's weird. I used to wake up and think people were in the room and start talking and stuff. When I was younger I used to have night terrors and I actually have had a few here which is so bizarre because I'm almost nineteen. In so many ways I'm still a child though. But yeah, anyway, I woke up mumbling this morning. I think i dreamt about becoming a teacher. But I don't think I would be a good teacher. There have been some teachers who have had a profound impact on my life. Like my eleventh grade English teacher, Mr Z. I believe he was the best teacher I have ever had. Or my fourth grade teacher, Mrs. H! We had a bunny named Domino in that class. And we hatched baby chicks! I got to bring two of them home. My little sister and I played hide and go seek with the chicks (one of us would hide a chick and the other would have to find the chick by following the peeping). That almost ended disasterously when Frisky, the Cairn Terrier we had at the time, found the chick before I did. But the chick was in a drawer and ended up slipping through this crevice and hiding so yay for fluffy feathered flexibility. Oh youth.

I'm in the mood to watch A Wizard of Oz. But it's 134...time to try n sleep.

1 comment:

Mimey said...

"Air guitar bands are silly. I wanna join one."

Hell, yeah!